Virbhadra CD case: Witness moves court against prosecutionApril 4th, 2011 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 4 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Monday issued a notice to the state government after one of the prime witnesses in the audio CD case against union Minister Virbhadra Singh told the court his statement recorded by the prosecution is a fake..
The notice was issued to the principal secretary (home) and investigating officer Daya Sagar by a division bench of Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice Sanjay Karol on the petition of witness Kapil Mohan, managing director of Mohan Meakin Ltd brewery, alleging that his statement recorded by the prosecution is false and forged.
He pleaded to the court to direct holding of an inquiry by the senior judicial authority.
The court directed both of them to file their replies and listed the matter for further hearing May 23.
A case against union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Virbhadra Singh and his wife was registered under the Prevention of Corruption Act by the state’s vigilance and anti-corruption bureau Aug 3, 2008, after Prem Kumar Dhumal became chief minister in December 2007.
The case was registered on the basis of an audio CD released by his political adversary Vijai Singh Mankotia in 2007.
In the CD, Virbhadra Singh was purportedly heard referring to some monetary transactions on the phone with Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Mahinder Lal, who is now dead. The CD also contained the voices of his wife and some industrialists.
Interestingly, another prosecution witness in the case, Prem Chand Jain, has already filed such a petition in the high court that his statements recorded by the prosecution in the case were false.
The corruption case against Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh is pending in a special trial court of Shimla.
- Virbhadra graft case: Court reserves order - Jan 05, 2012
- Virbhadra to appear before court in graft case - Nov 26, 2010
- Court asks Virbhadra to file reply in graft case - Nov 04, 2011
- Virbhadra Singh asked to reply to plea to cancel bail - May 01, 2011
- Graft case: Virbhadra exempted from personal appearance - Dec 16, 2010
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Third Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Order on charge June 25 - Jun 06, 2012
- No conspiracy against Virbhadra, asserts Dhumal - Sep 06, 2010
- Himachal government seeks cancellation of Virbhadra's bail - Apr 07, 2011
- Corruption case: Virbhadra Singh again moves high court - Sep 14, 2010
- Court declines CBI probe in Virbhadra graft case - Oct 01, 2010
- Court defers Virbhadra Singh's plea in graft case - Sep 24, 2010
- Graft case: Virbhadra gets audio tape's copy - May 22, 2012
- Graft case: Setback for Virbhadra Singh - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: cd case, chief minister, corruption bureau, corruption case, division bench, himachal pradesh, indian administrative service, industrialists, judicial authority, kurian, meakin, monetary transactions, pratibha, prevention of corruption act, principal secretary, prosecution witness, sagar, small and medium enterprises, union minister, virbhadra singh