Vir Chakra awardee is army’s medical chiefJune 2nd, 2008 - 3:43 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) Lt. Gen. Naresh Kumar Parmar, a recipient of the Vir Chakra for gallantry during the 1971 India-Pakistan war, has taken over as the Director General of Medical Services (Army). Parmar took over from Lt. Gen. Saibal Mukherjee, a defence ministry statement said Monday.
A graduate of MGM Medical College, Indore, Parmar was commissioned into the Army Medical Corps in July 1970. He received his diploma in hospital administration from Pune University in 1980 and a masters in the same subject from Delhi’s premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1989.
An alumnus of the National Defence College, Parmar was awarded the Vishist Seva Medal in 2004 and the Ati Vishist Seva Medal in 2008 for his “unflinching dedication to the cause of service”, the statement said.
During his long career, Parmar has held important posts like training officer at the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, commanding officer of the field hospital at Hunder on the Siachen glacier, professor and head of department of hospital administration at AFMC, Pune and additional director general Armed Forces Medical Services, at New Delhi.
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Young Lieutenant wins Ashok Chakra posthumously - Jan 26, 2012
- Navy, Army vice chiefs to get highest service medal - Jan 25, 2011
- Lt. Gen. Halgali is new deputy chief of Indian Army - Feb 13, 2012
- NDA Commandant conferred Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (With image) - Apr 19, 2012
- Lt Gen Kakria is armed forces medical services chief - Jun 01, 2011
- D.K. Joshi named new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- President Patil confers gallantry, distinguished service awards - Apr 18, 2011
- 3 Kirti Chakras among defence medals conferred by president - Apr 19, 2011
- Air Marshal Roy takes over as NDC commandant - Jan 21, 2011
- Gen. V.K. Singh: Tough soldier who lost a legal battle (Profile) - Feb 10, 2012
- President confers gallantry, distinguished service awards - Apr 09, 2010
- Lt Gen P.C. Bhardwaj takes over as army vice chief - Oct 01, 2009
- Admiral Joshi is new Indian Navy chief (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Kargil martyrs remembered on Vijay Diwas - Jul 26, 2012