Violent investors ransack brokerage firm officeMarch 6th, 2008 - 2:55 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, March 6 (IANS) Three stock market investors who broke into a brokerage firm here to demand their money back after failing to get allocation of high-profile Reliance Power shares, were arrested on charges of vandalism, said a police official. “Investors in Reliance Power Initial Public Offer (IPO), had barged into Karvy Consultancy, a share brokerage firm situated at Ashram Road here, and ransacked the office. They broke furniture and glass panes of a door,” said sub inspector B.K. Barot of Navrangpura police station Thursday.
On a complaint lodged by company employee Jatin Modi, the police nabbed three men Wednesday evening. They were bailed out later.
The brokerage firm said over 50 men had forcibly entered the office and demanded their money back. When the staff pointed out some discrepancies in client IDs, the crowd turned restive. They also threatened the staff.
The investors complained that many of them are yet to be allotted shares though they have fulfilled all formalities. They said that their money should be returned without further delay.
- Locals block road to demand release of arrested people in Kolkata - Apr 14, 2010
- One killed in fire at Maruti car plant - Jul 19, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- Andhra protesters attack HSBC Bank in Vizag - Dec 11, 2009
- Promoters skip IPO route in unfavourable market - Jul 01, 2011
- RPI ransack mill, demand land for Ambedkar memorial - Dec 15, 2011
- Companies deferring public issue in bearish markets - Nov 28, 2011
- Residents protest police action against councillor - Sep 30, 2011
- Rs.300-cr Citibank fraud accused gets six more days in remand (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2011
- LinkedIn listed on the New York Stock Exchange - May 20, 2011
- Reliance Money plans to sweep market with new product - Feb 02, 2010
- GlaxoSmithkline shuts down unit over Telangana stir - Dec 11, 2009
- Telangana students attack minister's house - Sep 07, 2011
- Telangana students try to storm assembly, protests rock Hyderabad (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Dozen men ransack multiplex in Ghaziabad - Aug 21, 2009