Vintage train at Lucknow zooAugust 25th, 2008 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 25 (IANS) A heritage train of the British-era will be put on display here at the Lucknow zoo, officials said Monday. With this, the Lucknow zoo would be the first in the country to have an operational toy train, a souvenir Air Force VIP aircraft ‘Rajhans’ and a vintage train, they added.
The train, which was introduced by the British, has already arrived at the zoo. It has been brought from the Lakshmipur forest range in Maharajganj district of the state, where it was used for transporting timber, officials said.
It will take some time to fix the train on the tracks so that visitors can see it.
“The train will be exhibited on the same track on which it used to run during the 1920s,” said Lucknow zoo director Renu Singh.
The train stopped running in Maharajganj after 1981 as it became too expensive.
The zoo will display literature about the train in order to inform the visitors about its history, officials added.
- Light and sound show to restart in Lucknow - Aug 08, 2012
- Delhi Metro introduces souvenir postcards - May 22, 2011
- Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track - Apr 25, 2011
- Skating season begins in Shimla - Dec 15, 2011
- Zoo seeks match for female zebras - Mar 01, 2012
- For Games, Himachal tourist guides get English lessons - Jul 22, 2010
- Silver Pheasant's sex change stuns zoo - Apr 05, 2012
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Heritage sites in 'Queen of Hills' set for facelift (Letter from Shimla) - Jun 19, 2012
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- Pre-F1 parade to showcase Gandhi's car, vintage beauties - Oct 25, 2011
- Shimla's Viceregal Lodge to display rare British era photos - Aug 31, 2010
- Punjab zoo to have toy train - Jun 22, 2010
- Delhi Metro toy trains on sale as souvenir - Oct 14, 2009
- Nod for official audit of Shimla's prized Wildflower Hall - Jul 15, 2011