Villarreal manager Preciado passes awayJune 7th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, June 7 (IANS) Newly-appointed Villarreal manager Manolo Preciado passed away in the early hours of Thursday after he suffered a stroke. He was 54.
Preciado, who spent six years in charge of Sporting Gijon, had only just agreed to take over as Villarreal’s new boss and his first press conference was scheduled for Friday.
“The coach Manuel Preciado died overnight in Valencia as a result of a heart attack. The Cantabrian, who had been chosen by Villarreal to lead next season’s project, was 54 years old,” Villarreal said in a statement.
“Villarreal want to express their deepest sorrow at the sad loss and want to offer their condolences to his family and all his relatives,” he said.
- Spanish soccer coach is dead - Jun 08, 2012
- Clemente takes over as Sporting Gijon coach - Feb 14, 2012
- Real Madrid counts on Ronaldo's return in Gijon tie - Dec 02, 2011
- Pellegrino named as new Valencia coach - May 08, 2012
- Barcelona play Zaragoza away from home - Apr 06, 2012
- No Messi as Barca take on Sporting Gijon - Mar 03, 2012
- Real Madrid look to comeback after El Classico defeat - Dec 12, 2011
- Villarreal beat Sporting Gijon, climb out of bottom three - Jan 24, 2012
- Real Madrid and Sevilla both held to disappointing draws - Oct 25, 2009
- Barcelona must beat Real Sociedad at home - Feb 03, 2012
- Not giving up Primera Liga title: Guardiiola - Jan 30, 2012
- Real Madrid remain unfazed despite draw with Malaga - Mar 20, 2012
- Messi back from India to resume Spanish liga action - Sep 09, 2011
- Villarreal name Lotina as new coach - Mar 20, 2012
- Villarreal sacks coach Molina - Mar 19, 2012