Villagers mourn death of ox in OrissaFebruary 25th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 25 (IANS) Hundreds of villagers took out a huge procession in Orissa to mourn the death of an ox that injured many people, a police officer said Wednesday.
After accidentally eating some expired medicines lying on the road Monday, the ox injured residents of Ankuli village located on the outskirts of Berhampur town, 179 km from here.
“The animal reacted to the medicines and attacked at least a dozen people hours before dying on Monday,” the police officer said.
The ox is believed to be the vehicle of Hindu god Shiva and has religious significance. The villagers used to feed the animal earlier.
- 22 people fall ill as chlorine gas leaks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Another leopard becomes victim of human fury - Jan 13, 2011
- Over 10 sick as chlorine gas leaks - Jun 21, 2010
- Devotees throng Orissa temples on Shivratri - Mar 02, 2011
- One lakh devotees at Odisha's Lingaraj temple - Feb 20, 2012
- Courts sentences minor's rapist, murderer to death - Mar 29, 2010
- Woman kills alcoholic husband in Odisha - Jul 23, 2012
- Six drown in Orissa after Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Bear injures over 10 - Feb 24, 2010
- One lakh devotees worship god Shiva in Bangalore - Feb 20, 2012
- Eight killed in Orissa accidents - May 31, 2010
- Cooking gas cylinder blast kills three in Orissa - Jan 19, 2010
- Human fury claims another leopard, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Congress activists pray for Sonia's recovery - Aug 04, 2011
- Bajrang Dal activists booked for protest against beauty contest - Feb 08, 2010