Villagers lynch two fleeing after shooting shopkeeperSeptember 18th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 18 (IANS) Two men were lynched by a mob in a village in Uttar Pradesh after they shot and wounded a shopkeeper, the police said Thursday.The incident was reported from Parsara village in Varanasi district, some 270 km from here, Wednesday evening.
The two bought a mobile phone recharge coupon from the shop of Dinesh Singh. When he demanded money, they shot him, Inspector Aryan Pandey of Phoolpur police station told IANS.
The two, one of them identified as Shailesh Yadav, tried to escape on a motorcycle but were intercepted by villagers.
They fired a couple of shots at the villagers but fell down after being hit by stones. The villagers then attacked them with bricks and rods, killing them on the spot, Pandey added.
Two pistols, some money and a map of Jaunpur district was recovered from them.
The villagers set the motorcycle on fire and tried to torch the bodies but timely intervention of the police prevented this.
Shopkeeper Singh, who received a bullet on his chest, was admitted to the hospital and was stated to be out of danger.
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Two held for faking snatching incident - Apr 12, 2011
- Murder of village head's son sparks violence - Oct 30, 2010
- Robbery in east Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Youth lynched for killing village head - Dec 03, 2010
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Youth shot dead in Delhi - May 21, 2011
- Company manager shot dead in Meerut - Apr 12, 2012
- Youth lynched for murdering shopkeeper - Jun 22, 2010
- Two Maoists lynched in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Two lynched in Jharkhand - Sep 02, 2011
- Nine get life for triple murder - Jul 01, 2011
- Two Maoists lynched in Jharkhand - Jul 16, 2010
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011