Village headman shot dead in KashmirFebruary 9th, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 9 (IANS) Separatist guerrillas shot and killed a sarpanch (village headman) in south Kashmir’s Kulgam district Thursday evening, police said.
“Gulzar Ahmad Dar, 60, sarpanch of village Hawoora (Mishipora), was shot at from close range by militants after he came out of the local mosque after offering the evening prayers today (Thursday),” a senior police officer told IANS here.
“Dar succumbed to critical injuries before he could be shifted to hospital. Another local, identified as Abdul Qayoom, was injured in the incident. He was shifted to hospital where doctors said he was stable”.
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Guerrillas kill retired police officer in Srinagar - Aug 10, 2012
- Truck driver shot dead in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- Militants kill National Conference worker in Srinagar - Jun 15, 2012
- Protests in Kashmir over youth's killing - Jul 25, 2012
- National Conference activist shot dead in Kashmir - Feb 18, 2011
- Separatist leaders put under house arrest in Srinagar - Jul 27, 2012
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Guerrillas barge into house, kill one in Kashmir - Jun 15, 2011
- Seven south Kashmir village heads resign - Jun 08, 2012
- Kashmir minister's son arrested for assault - Aug 04, 2011
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- National Conference worker shot at in Srinagar - Sep 15, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Kashmir - May 17, 2011
- Constable injured in terrorist attack dead - Oct 15, 2011