Village chief shot dead in GhaziabadMarch 1st, 2009 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 1 (IANS) An Uttar Pradesh village chief died after three motorcycle-borne assailants pumped six bullets into him near Ghaziabad Sunday, the police said.
Anurag Tyagi alias Rinku, the village chief of Khurrampur, was riding his bike when he was attacked on the National Highway 58 on his way to the Ghaziabad district headquarters, district police chief Akhil Kumar said.
Three men on a black motorcycle intercepted him, stopped in front of his bike and fired six shots at him, the police officer said.
Tyagi was rushed to a hospital after locals informed the police. Doctors declared him brought dead.
Meanwhile, the Noida police recovered an unidentified body from a drain in Sector-62. The body bore no injury marks, the police said.
- Youth lynched for killing village head - Dec 03, 2010
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Suspected Maoists kill two in Bengal - Sep 26, 2011
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically - Nov 11, 2010
- Cricketer Ajay Tyagi shot dead in Ghaziabad - Jul 06, 2012
- Baby girl found murdered in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 28, 2012
- Two farmers murdered in Ghaziabad - Aug 29, 2010
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead in Kanpur - Jul 16, 2011
- Delhi property dealer shot dead - Feb 19, 2011
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Mumbai journalist's funeral in afternoon - Jun 12, 2011
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Reward announced for capture of escaped convict - Jun 20, 2011