Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jailNovember 9th, 2011 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to Delhi Police and Uttar Pradesh police on a plea by Vikas Yadav, undergoing life imprisonment for the murder of Nitish Katara in 2002, seeking four days’ suspension of his sentence for signing some legal papers.
Taking note of the counsel’s submission that Vikas Yadav would sign the documents and return to custody, a division bench of Justice S. Ravindra Bhat and Justice Pratibha Rani issued notice to the prosecuting agencies seeking their reply Nov 22.
His counsel said Vikas Yadav only needed to complete power of attorney formalities, granting rights to his brother, as the property was in the name of his mother and him.
The court asked whether he had not been aware of this property since 2002.
Talking to IANS, Neelam Katara, mother of the victim, said: “Vikas Yadav and Vishal Yadav always seek this kind of relief by filing such applications.”
“I have a document that reveals that Yadav brothers have been finding an easy get-away in hospitals. Vikas and Vishal Yadav made 66 hospital visits from February 2010 to date,” said Neelam Katara.
The brothers made 85 hospital visits between May 2008 and February 2010, she said.
“Yadav brothers have been out of Tihar 151 times since May 2008, for varying durations, of which Vikas alone has made 82 visits to hospitals since his conviction. Of Vikas Yadav’s 82 visits out of Tihar, 40 were for follow-up checks,” she said.
Neelam Katara said that Vishal Yadav made 69 medical outings from Tihar since his conviction in May 2008. Of his 69 visits out of Tihar, 41 were for follow-up checks.
Another bench of the high court earlier allowed Vikas Yadav to leave jail for one day to attend his sister’s wedding.
Vikas Yadav, son of Uttar Pradesh politician D.P. Yadav, was convicted along with his cousin Vishal Yadav for kidnapping and murdering Nitish Katara, a close friend of his sister Bharti.
The duo kidnapped and killed Nitish Katara, son of an Indian Administrative Service officer, on the night of Feb 17, 2002, after abducting him from a marriage party in Ghaziabad as they were opposed to his relationship with Bharti.
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Court orders medical check of Nitish Katara killers (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Katara murder: Court sets up panel to probe convicts' hospital visits - Mar 23, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Katara murder: Two cops guarding Vikas Yadav suspended - Mar 28, 2012
- Vikas Yadav allowed by court to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Vikas Yadav gets 2-hour parole to attend family function (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Katara murder case: Vikas Yadav withdraws bail plea - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,