Vikas Yadav seeks interim bail for sister’s weddingOctober 13th, 2009 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 13 (IANS) Vikas Yadav, sentenced to life imprisonment for killing Nitish Katara who allegedly had a relationship with his sister Bharti, Tuesday approached the Delhi High Court for interim bail to attend his sister’s wedding.
In his plea, Vikas said that since he is the brother of Bharti and has to perform rituals in her marriage on Nov 1, he should be granted three months’ bail.
The court is likely to hear his plea Wednesday.
Earlier this year, the court had rejected the bail applications of Vikas and his cousin Vishal, both of them convicted of abducting and murdering Katara in 2002 and sentenced to life imprisonment in June 2008.
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal Yadav's bail plea rejected - Feb 24, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Vikas Yadav gets 2-hour parole to attend family function (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Vikas Yadav allowed by court to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea - Mar 25, 2011
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011