Vikas Yadav allowed by court to attend brother’s weddingApril 26th, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday allowed Vikas Yadav - serving life term in Tihar Jail for killing Nitish Katara - to attend his younger brother’s wedding here on Friday.
The division bench headed by Justice A.K. Sikri said: “Vikas will attend his brother’s marriage ceremony on April 29. He will be taken there by 6 p.m. and will stay there throughout the ceremony which will culminate April 30 morning.”
Sikri said that Vikas is free to interact with his relatives throughout the time that he is there.
On April 7, the court had granted two hours’ custodial parole to Vikas for attending his younger brother Kunal’s engagement ceremony April 14.
In June 2008, Vikas and his cousin Vishal Yadav were convicted for killing Katara, an MBA graduate, and were sentenced to life imprisonment.
Vikas and Vishal kidnapped Katara, an Indian Administrative Service officer’s son, on Feb 16, 2002, from a marriage party in Ghaziabad and killed him. Vikas was opposed to his sister Bharti’s intimacy with Nitish.
- Vikas Yadav gets 2-hour parole to attend family function (Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Delhi, Uttar Pradesh get notices on Vikas Yadav's bail plea - Oct 03, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea - Mar 25, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Vikas Yadav gets parole to attend family function - Apr 07, 2011
- Vishal Yadav moves court for interim bail - Jan 06, 2010
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: administrative service officer, april 14, april 29, brother, cousin, delhi high court, division bench, engagement ceremony, ghaziabad, indian administrative service, intimacy, katara, life imprisonment, marriage, marriage ceremony, marriage party, mba graduate, New Delhi, relatives