Vikas, Vishal Yadav held guilty of killing Nitish KataraMay 28th, 2008 - 12:38 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh politician D.P. Yadav’s son Vikas Yadav and nephew Vishal Yadav were Thursday held guilty of murdering Nitish Katara, the son of a bureaucrat, in 2002. The sentence will be announced Friday. Additional Sessions Judge Ravinder Kaur announced the verdict before the appeal filed by Vikas Wednesday, seeking a stay on the trial court’s verdict and re-examination of key witness Ajay Katara, could come up for hearing in the Delhi High Court.
Special Public Prosecutor B.S. Joon told IANS he will demand death penalty for Vikas and Vishal.
Nitish was kidnapped and murdered by Vikas and Vishal in 2002. They resented Nitish’s alleged relationship with Vikas’s sister Bharati.
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Delhi, Uttar Pradesh get notices on Vikas Yadav's bail plea - Oct 03, 2011
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi Police issued notice on Vikas Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011