Vijender will come back with gold, says brotherAugust 20th, 2008 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Bhiwani (Haryana), Aug 20 (IANS) Vijender Kumar’s elder brother Manoj was confident that the star boxer will return home with nothing less than an Olympic gold medal.”He will come back only with the gold. Vijender was determined to win before the match and he and I think he will come back with a gold medal,” Manoj told reporters here Wednesday after his brother moved into the semi-finals of the boxing event at Beijing Olympics.
“We are confident of his win. My is brother is not one to give up his quest for the gold,” added Manoj, who didn’t see Vijender’s bout as he was praying for his brother.
Vijender Wednesday assured India at least a bronze medal by entering into the middlewieght (75 kg) semi-final with an emphatic 9-4 victory over Ecuador’s Carlos Gongora.
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj in finals (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Indian boxers excelling but lot more required: Chief coach Sandhu - Jul 20, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Mary Kom secures historic bronze (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Shiva, Sangwan secure London Olympics berth (Roundup) - Apr 11, 2012
- Shiva Thapa youngest Indian boxer to qualify for Olympics (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- PM congratulates Olympic medallist Mary Kom - Aug 08, 2012
- Only an Asian Games gold will erase CWG memories: Vijender - Oct 18, 2010
- Olympic bronze not the end of my road: Mary Kom (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Vijender knocked out of World Boxing Championships - Oct 01, 2011
- President congratulates Mary Kom - Aug 10, 2012
- Mary Kom in semis, Vijender suffers heartbreaking loss (Overall India Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj, Paramjit in finals (Roundup) - Oct 12, 2010
- Under-pressure Vijender hopes to book London berth in Astana - Apr 02, 2012
- Vijender in semifinals of Arafura Games - May 10, 2011
- Olympic boxing: India's Manoj Kumar knocked out - Aug 05, 2012