Vietnamese woman, two others injured in boiler blastApril 12th, 2008 - 11:59 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) A Vietnamese woman was among the three people who suffered severe burn injuries when a boiler in a dry-cleaning shop exploded and the two-storey building caught fire in northwest Delhi Saturday afternoon, officials said. The explosion occurred in a shop in Mukherjee Nagar area at around 11.15 a.m.
Seven fire tenders were pressed into the service, which doused the flames spread from the ground floor to the second floor after battling for one hour one.
Police said the Vietnamese woman, who was on the second floor, got trapped in the fire and in a bid to save her life jumped from the building.
The woman, yet to be identified, and two others were admitted to the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital (LNJP). The woman’s condition was stated to be critical.
“The impact of the blast was huge as windowpanes of some cars parked nearby were smashed,” said a police official.
Police said cause of the explosion could not be ascertained till Saturday evening.