Vietnamese woman, two others injured in boiler blastApril 12th, 2008 - 11:59 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) A Vietnamese woman was among the three people who suffered severe burn injuries when a boiler in a dry-cleaning shop exploded and the two-storey building caught fire in northwest Delhi Saturday afternoon, officials said. The explosion occurred in a shop in Mukherjee Nagar area at around 11.15 a.m.
Seven fire tenders were pressed into the service, which doused the flames spread from the ground floor to the second floor after battling for one hour one.
Police said the Vietnamese woman, who was on the second floor, got trapped in the fire and in a bid to save her life jumped from the building.
The woman, yet to be identified, and two others were admitted to the Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital (LNJP). The woman’s condition was stated to be critical.
“The impact of the blast was huge as windowpanes of some cars parked nearby were smashed,” said a police official.
Police said cause of the explosion could not be ascertained till Saturday evening.
- Woman killed in Delhi factory fire - Jan 26, 2011
- Fire rages at Chandni Chowk warehouse - Nov 29, 2010
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Two burnt to death in Delhi - Apr 06, 2011
- Fire breaks out in Kolkata shopping mall - Sep 18, 2010
- Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi's Chandni Chawk (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Fire kills 32 in Peru rehab centre - Jan 29, 2012
- Four injured fighting blaze in Delhi's Chandni Chowk (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Elderly woman killed in Delhi fire - Jul 22, 2012
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- 13 killed in Karachi factory fire - Sep 12, 2012
- Minor fire in LN Hospital, no casualties - Mar 15, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Major fire in Lucknow building, none hurt (Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- 100 shanties gutted in Delhi fire (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012