Vidya Bhavan official knocked dead by speeding vehicleAugust 18th, 2008 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) G.R. Sundar, programme director and registrar of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan (BVB), was killed Monday when he was hit by a vehicle, the police said. Sundar was on his way back home after his morning walk near the India Gate when he was hit by an unidentified vehicle, the police said.
Eyewitnesses told the police that he was hit so severely that he was hurled to a distance of a few metres.
“A man jogging nearby rushed to help him and called the last number dialled from his mobile phone, which was of Ajay, the driver of Vidya Bhavan principal N.N. Pillai,” a police office said.
Sundar, bleeding profusely, was rushed to a hospital where the doctors pronounced him dead.
Some eyewitnesses said the vehicle was a call centre cab but the police denied it.
“The vehicle has not been identified as yet,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) Anand Mohan.
Sundar was associated with the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan for 17 years and is survived by his wife Kanchana and two sons.
The police were investigating the accident and trying to identify the vehicle.
- Bomb scare at Delhi educational institution - May 08, 2012
- Lookout notices for eight suspects in ex-CPI-M leader's murder - May 11, 2012
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Man shot over money dispute - Feb 12, 2011
- Omar's meeting with governor routine: Government - Oct 08, 2011
- Road rage claims a life in Delhi - Dec 13, 2010
- Jailed Kerala leader to skip assembly polls - Mar 23, 2011
- Woman Survives Miraculously After Falling From 23rd Floor - Jan 25, 2011
- Gambhir's cousin thrashes taxi driver - May 25, 2012
- San Diego taxi driver plows into nightclub crowd - Feb 12, 2011
- Ambulance knocks down injured biker - Aug 18, 2011
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Leopard 'evicted' from Mumbai school after 20 hrs - Apr 22, 2012
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Seven killed as truck turns turtle - Mar 28, 2011