Victim drags rapist to police stationFebruary 20th, 2011 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Banda (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 20 (IANS) In a rare display of courage, a woman who was gangraped by six men here last month managed to grab one of her tormentors with the help of another woman and hauled him to the police station after she spotted him Sunday , police said.”The 23-year-old woman was kidnapped on January 28 after being given some sedative in tea and carried away from Chattarpur village to Parmajhor village, where she was kept in captivity and gangraped by six men for several days, before she managed to flee from their clutches,” a police officer said.
The police initially did not register any case. However, after the issue was highlighted by the media, the cops registered a case of gangrape and illegal confinement as late as Feb 16 against the six men named by the woman.
While the cops continued to delay arresting the culprits, the woman saw one of them walking past the office of the district superintendent of police Sunday.
Mustering up courage, she pounced on him with all her might and began to thrash him on the street with the help of her friend. The two then dragged the man, identified as Pandit Misra, to the nearby police station.
“Pandit Misra has been put under arrest and we are trying to track down the rest of the five men,” a police officer told reporters.
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Pipili case: Charge sheet filed against dismissed cop - May 11, 2012
- Woman gangraped in power firm's housing colony, four held - Jul 04, 2011
- Pak SC judge writes dissenting note in Mukhtaran Mai gangrape case - Apr 22, 2011
- Dalit girl gangraped, four booked - Jul 09, 2011
- Woman who duped six 'husbands' held - Feb 23, 2012
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Three Odisha doctors charged in Pipli gangrape case - Jun 13, 2012
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Bhatta-Parsaul rape: Court orders FIR against 30 cops - Nov 18, 2011
- Odisha gang rape: Doctors protest action - Jun 27, 2012
- Odisha gangrape victim dies in hospital - Jun 21, 2012
- Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: captivity, clutches, cops, courage, culprits, district superintendent, five men, gangrape, illegal confinement, misra, nearby police station, old woman, police officer, rapist, sedative, six men, tea, uttar pradesh