Vice president’s wife fumes over poor upkeep of TajMarch 31st, 2010 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, March 31 (IANS) Salma Ansari, Vice President Hamid Ansari’s wife, chided caretakers of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) Wednesday for poor maintenance of the Taj Mahal.According to Shabana Khandelwal, general secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Mahila Congress, Ansari showed her anger and displeasure with the poor level of upkeep and maintenance and wondered where all the funds were being spent. She spent quite some time in the monument and minutely examined and questioned about all the restoration work going on.
Ansari was in Agra for an awards ceremony.
She asked ASI officials to take extra care of the Taj Mahal and clean up the whole complex. “Such an exquisite and beautiful monument should not be a victim of indifference and lack of passion for upkeep,” she said.
Before leaving, Ansari advised Congress party workers to take up the issue of the Taj Mahal’s poor maintenance and ensure that heritage buildings got the attention they deserved.
- Chopper over Taj causes flutter, ASI files complaint - Dec 16, 2011
- Tom cruises to India on a whirlwind tour - Dec 03, 2011
- Chopper over Taj rings security alarm (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Tourists feel cheated on Taj lighting event - Nov 13, 2011
- Will the Taj turn blue tonight? - Nov 13, 2011
- Holi banned near Agra monuments - Mar 20, 2011
- Tourists visit Taj Mahal under Supermoon - Mar 20, 2011
- Heavy fines for squatting on Agra's heritage land - Apr 06, 2011
- Heritage week on, but it doesn't show in Taj city - Nov 22, 2010
- Dust, vanishing greenery threaten Taj - Apr 19, 2010
- A park between Yamuna and Taj is eyesore to conservationists (With Image) - Oct 15, 2010
- Carcasses, garbage make abandoned Taj corridor an eyesore - Aug 18, 2010
- Agra saw seven lakh tourists in October - Nov 26, 2010
- Agra MP demands expert investigations for Taj Mahal - Oct 15, 2011
- Yamuna rises but Taj is safe - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,