Vice President inaugurates Bihar management instituteJune 12th, 2008 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 11 (IANS) Vice-President Mohammad Hamid Ansari Wednesday inaugurated the Chandragupta Institute of Management Patna (CIMP), a business school on the lines of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). Ansari described the CIMP as a big step for modern education. Classes at the institute will begin from the makeshift campus at Hindi Bhawan here from the first week of July. It will initially have a batch of 60 students.
CIMP director V. Mukunda Das last month said IIM-Ahmedababd (IIM-A) had agreed in principle to support CIMP with its technical expertise in setting up the library, although a formal announcement was yet to be made by the authorities in this regard.
Like the IIMs, the proposed institute will offer MBA and other management degrees. Admission to it will be through the Common Admission Test (CAT).
A group of alumni and faculty of IIM-A, who hail from Bihar, have helped the state government establish the CIMP. The state government had already earmarked 20 acres of land to build the institute.
The vice president, who is on a two-day visit to Bihar, was received at the Jai Prakash Narayan International airport by Governor R.S. Gavai and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and given a guard of honour.
Ansari was scheduled to attend a function at Imarat-E-Sharia, an influential Muslim body, in Phulwarisharif Wednesday evening.
On Thursday, he will visit the Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya.
- Education infrastructure in Bihar not meeting standards says Hamid Ansari - Jun 11, 2008
- IIM-A alumni, faculty help Bihar with its first B-school - Apr 08, 2008
- Dried branches of Bodhi tree chopped - Aug 01, 2012
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- What's bothering Bihar's entrepreneurs? Ask 'MBA Sabziwalla' - Feb 01, 2011
- Gujarat to focus on education in a big way: Modi - Dec 27, 2010
- Thai woman returns to ailing dog in Bihar - May 02, 2012
- Bhutanese PM attends annual Mahabodhi Society meet - Sep 25, 2010
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Nitish Kumar meets Bhutanese PM in Bodh Gaya - Sep 26, 2010
- Unesco unhappy with Mahabodhi temple - Jun 26, 2010
- Eight male engineers score 100 percentile in CAT-2010 - Jan 12, 2011
- Monks upset over Dalai Lama not raising temple issue - May 28, 2010