Vice President greets nation on Raksha BandhanAugust 12th, 2011 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Vice President Hamid Ansari Friday greeted the nation on the eve of Raksha Bandhan, calling upon people to imbibe the ideals associated with the festival to foster the spirit of amity, harmony and goodwill.
Ansari said in his message that the festival promotes harmonious social life by reaffirming faith in the traditional values of love and protection.
“I convey my greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of Raksha Bandhan. It is celebrated all over the country to strengthen the fraternal bonds of affection between brothers and sisters,” he said.
The festival which celebrates the bond of love between brothers and sisters will be celebrated Saturday.
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- President, Vice President greet people ahead of Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- Meira Kumar greets people on Rakhi - Aug 12, 2011
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 02, 2012
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation on Makara Sankranti, Pongal - Jan 13, 2011
- Zed greets Hindus worldwide on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2010
- PM calls for ensuring women's dignity on Rakhi - Aug 23, 2010
- President greets nation on Parsi New Year - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: amity, auspicious occasion, bonds of affection, brothers and sisters, eve, faith, fraternal bonds, goodwill, greetings, hamid ansari, harmony, love, New Delhi, raksha bandhan, spirit, traditional values, vice president