Vice-chancellor who turned down Rahul quitsNovember 4th, 2008 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 4 (IANS) Chandrashekhar Azad Agriculture University vice-chancellor V.K. Suri, who last month shut his campus doors on Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, tendered his resignation Tuesday.”Vice-chancellor Suri’s resignation has been accepted by the governor in his capacity as chancellor,” a Raj Bhawan official confirmed.
Governor T.V. Rajeshwar had earlier sought the vice chancellor’s explanation, while many senior officials had hinted that certain senior functionaries of the Mayawati government had asked Suri not to allow Gandhi to hold a prescheduled interaction with students on the university campus in Kanpur last month.
Suri was, however, not available for comment.
- 'Could a vice chancellor disallow an MP, that too a Gandhi?' - Nov 06, 2008
- Mayawati blessing for cancelling Rahul's address to students? - Oct 25, 2008
- Rahul Gandhi in university visit row, Jamia trip rescheduled - Jan 23, 2010
- Mayawati cancels Rahul's interaction with students in Kanpur - Oct 24, 2008
- Shiv Sena demands suspension of Mumbai University VC - Mar 30, 2012
- Aslam is acting vice-chancellor of IGNOU - Oct 21, 2011
- Students strike cripples varsity in Meghalaya - Nov 01, 2010
- IGNOU to concentrate more on research activities - Sep 12, 2012
- President Patil to lay foundation of IGNOU campus - Aug 30, 2011
- UP moves to make varsities tobacco-free - Apr 25, 2012
- IGNOU starts online training programme for teachers - Dec 26, 2010
- West Bengal university vice-chancellor quits after 'insult' - Oct 11, 2009
- Srikrishna Committee's Telangana report in two weeks - Dec 16, 2010
- IGNOU plans training centre for hearing disabled - Aug 20, 2011
- Aditya Thackeray cuts political teeth - Apr 05, 2012