VHP demands disaster management teams at templesSeptember 30th, 2008 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Tuesday urged the government to form disaster management teams at all major temples in the country to deal with disasters.The VHP made the demand after a stampede at the Chamunda Mata temple in Rajasthan’s Jodhpur town earlier in the day left 144 people dead and over 300 injured.
“There is an immediate need to focus on administration and arrangements at temples as it not the first time such a tragedy has happened,” VHP spokesman Vinod Bansal said.
“We appeal to the union government to issue orders for formation of disaster management teams in major temples during festive season to avoid such incidents,” he said.
- 144 die in horrific temple stampede in Rajasthan (Third Lead) - Sep 30, 2008
- BJP condoles Husain's death, Bajrang Dal opposes burial in India (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- How to stop stampedes: Lessons for India - Nov 23, 2011
- BJP condoles Husain's death; Bajrang Dal opposes burial in India (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Hindu groups condemn bikinis with images of Hindu goddess - May 08, 2011
- VHP files case over JNU beef festival - Sep 13, 2012
- Sonia creating Hindu terror bogey: Singhal - Jan 07, 2011
- VHP meet to restart Ram Mandir movement - May 08, 2010
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- Moral brigades not to play spoilsport on Valentine's Day (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Himachal to turn temple gold into mementoes - Jul 08, 2012
- VHP denounces crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Vishwa Hindu Parishad protests order to demolish 39 temples in Ranchi - Aug 29, 2010
- Kerala gears up for Sabarimala ritual - Jan 05, 2012
- Change of heart? No V-Day rampage, promise Hindu outfits - Feb 12, 2011