Veteran Himachal politician Mankotia retiresOctober 18th, 2008 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 17 (IANS) Vijay Singh Mankotia, Himachal Pradesh convener of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and former Congress minister in the state, Friday announced his retirement from active politics, blaming “dirty politics” for his exit.”I am taking retirement from politics as I am fed up with politicians and their petty gimmicks,” Mankotia told IANS on phone from Dharamsala.
The disgruntled former legislator from Kangra had joined the BSP in July 2007. He was suspended from the Congress for criticising state leaders and the party high command.
He had released a much-hyped audio CD of a telephonic conversation of monetary transactions between former chief minister Virbhadra Singh, his wife Pratiba and a former bureaucrat.
He had also released a list of corrupt state bureaucrats and politicians, especially those who were close to Singh.
“All the issues that I had raised in the recent past ranging from corruption within politics to the common man’s cause could not satisfy my aim of ensuring clean politics… it’s better to leave politics once and for all rather than working within the corrupt system,” Mankotia said.
“I have sent my resignation to BSP supremo Mayawati. I am a free bird now… can devote time to my family and promote my interests,” he added.
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra calls graft case 'concocted' - Jun 25, 2012
- Sonia rallies in Himachal in September - Aug 29, 2012
- Setback for Virbhadra in Himachal poll arena? (News Analysis) - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra determined to steer assembly poll (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 03, 2012
- Nothing to do with Virbhadra episode, says BJP - Jun 26, 2012
- Graft charges framed against union minister Virbhadra Singh (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Team Anna demands Virbhadra's resignation - Jun 25, 2012
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Third Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- It's homecoming for Virbhadra Singh (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 29, 2012
- No question of quitting Congress: Virbhadra - Aug 01, 2012
- Corruption case: Virbhadra may move apex court - Sep 05, 2010
- Anxiety in BJP over move to make Virbhadra Himachal Congress chief (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 25, 2012
- Congress defends Virbhadra Singh - Jun 26, 2012