Verma, wife sent to 10 days CBI custodySeptember 4th, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) A Delhi court Tuesday sent businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife to 10 days CBI custody in a case filed against them under the Official Secrets Act (OSA) for allegedly passing on sensitive defence documents.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash allowed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to question Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Neacsu over purported classified defence documents found in possession of Verma’s associate.
The businessman is also an accused in the 2006 war room case linked to leaking classified documents from the directorate of naval operations.
The case under the OSA was registered by the CBI Aug 29 after a formal complaint was received from the defence ministry stating that documents purportedly provided by US-based attorney C. Edmond Allen, Verma’s business associate, were classified and violated the OSA.
Verma and his wife face the charges of passing on sensitive information and criminal conspiracy.
The CBI said they were planning to question serving and retired defence ministry officials on their alleged relations with Verma and other arms suppliers’ lobbyists.
Verma and his wife are also facing separate corruption and forgery cases.
- Verma, wife sent to judicial custody in OSA case - Sep 14, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Fresh case against Abhishek Verma under secrecy act - Aug 29, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- Court gives CBI papers linked to Abhishek Verma's case - Jul 17, 2012
- Abhishek Verma fails to appear in court - Jul 21, 2012
- Bail plea of Abhishek Verma's wife dismissed (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- CBI to file chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, wife Aug 7 - Aug 01, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custody - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: business associate, businessman, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption, criminal conspiracy, defence ministry, delhi court, edmond, forgery cases, formal complaint, lobbyists, magistrate, ministry officials, naval operations, New Delhi, official secrets, possession, war room