Varisty’s role in UAE’s progress highlightedJune 7th, 2011 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabhi, June 6 (IANS/WAM) United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) Vice Chancellor Abdullah Al Khanbashi highlighted its contribution to the country’s development programmes during a meeting with a UN official over the weekend.
Khanbashi underlined the varisty’s role as he met with the UN resident coordinator and current UNDP resident representative Elissar Sarrouh, who visited the university Sunday.
He said the university steered several studies and research projects and has become the primary source for the process of development and modernisation, thus facilitating the overall development programme witnessed across the country.
He also said this was possible due to the directives of Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research and Chancellor of the UAEU.
The UN official went around the university’s campus and visited its various facilities including the IT faculty.
She hailed the technological and scientific development taking place at the university after the expansion of its growing role in the service of the community.
- UAE signs pact with Indian university - Dec 09, 2011
- UN praises UAE's help in flood-hit Pakistan - Oct 01, 2010
- UAE, Iraq hold bilateral talks - May 31, 2012
- UAE, Lebanon discuss cooperation in education sector - Oct 21, 2011
- UAE, Libya discuss bilateral relations - Nov 07, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host global healthcare meet - Mar 08, 2012
- South Korean media delegation visits UAE - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE opens mobile hospital at Somali-Kenyan border - Oct 31, 2011
- Abu Dhabhi girls to attend training programme in Scotland - Jul 03, 2011
- Mittal sees investment prospects in UAE - Dec 22, 2010
- UAE team in Pakistan to vaccinate over 2 mn kids - Feb 21, 2011
- Ajman ruler issues decree on e-Government - Jun 17, 2012
- UAE attorney general hails amnesty for 554 prisoners - Nov 28, 2011
- UAE team continues Pakistan relief work - Sep 30, 2011
- UAE hails Nazarbayev's idea to modernise Muslim World - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: elissar, minister of higher education, nahyan bin mubarak, primary source, research projects, resident coordinator, sheikh nahyan bin mubarak al nahyan, uaeu, undp, undp resident representative, united arab emirates, united arab emirates university, varisty, vice chancellor, vm, wam