Van driver kills lover’s brother, heldMay 22nd, 2012 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) A van driver out of jail on bail in a murder case was arrested, along with his two friends, in east Delhi for killing a 19-year-old man who objected to his affair with the victim’s sister, police said Tuesday.
Driver Lokesh, 27, and his friends Dhiraj, 22, and Sandeep, 20, were arrested from east Delhi’s Surajmal Vihar Monday for killing Bittoo, a resident of east Delhi’s Shahdara.
He kidnapped the victim April 4 with the help of his associates, strangled him and dumped his body in Noida.
“Lokesh loves the victim’s sister. When the victim objected to the relationship, he killed him,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) S.K. Jain.
Jain said this was the second murder he committed in the past two years.
“In 2010, he murdered a boy for showing interest in the girl. At that time, he was arrested and jailed. He came out on bail eight months ago and this time he murdered the girl’s brother for objecting to the relationship,” said Jain.
The motive behind both the murder was his obsessive love for Bittoo’s sister who lived in his neighbourhood.
Lokesh used his rented van in both the murders.
“Dheeraj works as a musician and Sandeep is unemployed,” said Jain.
- Man kills wife for selling taxi - Aug 28, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Man held for murdering woman, granddaughter - Apr 16, 2011
- Briton strangles wife - Apr 11, 2012
- Man held for carjacking, killing driver - Feb 22, 2011
- One held for killing woman in front of her son - Sep 12, 2012
- Police find suicide note in BBA student's death - Sep 05, 2012
- Body in pieces: Police question victim's friend - Sep 04, 2012
- Man held for killing wife, showing body with webcam - Apr 06, 2011
- Man held for killing lover - Oct 18, 2011
- Three held for murdering youth - Jun 06, 2011
- Three arrested for murder - Nov 07, 2011
- Man kills lover's husband - Mar 31, 2012
- Couple, driver held for three murders - Mar 14, 2011
- Man dreams of getting murdered, kills family, self (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: april 4, brother, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, east delhi, eight months, motive, murder case, murders, musician, neighbourhood, New Delhi, obsessive love, old man, police crime, relationship, s k jain, sandeep, two friends