Vajpayee to spend few more days in hospital (Lead)February 4th, 2009 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s chest congestion is better but he will stay at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for a few more days, a hospital official said Wednesday. Vajpayee, 85, was admitted to the VIP Intensive Care Unit in AIIMS at about 10 p.m. Tuesday after he complained of difficulty in breathing.
“Vajpayee is stable and had a restful right. The chest congestion is less but he will stay in the hospital for few more days,” AIIMS Medical Superintendent D.K. Sharma told IANS.
A multi-disciplinary team of doctors led by Dr. Randeep Guleria, his personal physician and head of medicine in AIIMS, is monitoring Vajpayee.
“Several tests have been conducted upon Vajpayee and the reports are awaited,” said Sharma.
- Yagya for Vajpayee's recovery held in Bhopal - Feb 04, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition improves, medical tests normal - Feb 05, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition improves, tests show normal state (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious - Feb 07, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, will undergo more tests - Feb 04, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, responding to treatment - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but shows improvement - Feb 10, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, making steady progress - Feb 12, 2009
- Vajpayee continues gradual progress - Feb 13, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious; PM, Sonia wish him speedy recovery (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee still in hospital, condition stable - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpayee undergoes health checkup - Aug 22, 2010
- Vajpayee admitted to AIIMS - Feb 04, 2009
- Still on ventilator but Vajpayee's condition improves (Lead) - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but stable - Feb 17, 2009