Vajpayee still in hospital, condition stableFebruary 9th, 2009 - 11:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 9 (IANS) Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who is undergoing treatment for chest infection at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here, continues to be in stable condition, doctors attending to him said Monday. He has been on a mechanical ventilator since Friday.
“He continues to be stable and has lower respiratory tract infection. All his basic parameters, including blood pressure, kidney and liver are normal,” AIIMS medical superintendent D.K. Sharma told IANS.
The 84-year-old Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was admitted to the VIP intensive care unit (ICU) of AIIMS after he complained of difficulty in breathing and fever last Tuesday. He was put on mechanical ventilation Friday.
A team of doctors is regularly monitoring Vajpayee’s health and he continues to be on a mechanical ventilator, the official said.
Doctors had Sunday said that the veteran leader was responding to the treatment.
- Vajpayee's condition serious - Feb 07, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, responding to treatment - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but shows improvement - Feb 10, 2009
- Vajpayee is stable and recovering: AIIMS - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee put on mechanical ventilator support at AIIMS - Feb 06, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious, Sonia, Somnath pay visit (Lead) - Feb 07, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious; PM, Sonia wish him speedy recovery (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee continues gradual progress - Feb 13, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, making steady progress - Feb 12, 2009
- Vajpayee's health worsens - Feb 06, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health improving - Feb 18, 2009
- Vajpayee continues to be on ventilator support - Feb 07, 2009
- Still on ventilator but Vajpayee's condition improves (Lead) - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpayee''s health improving, say AIIMS doctors - Feb 19, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but stable - Feb 17, 2009