Vajpayee stable, responding to treatmentFebruary 8th, 2009 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, being treated for chest infection at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here, is stable and responding to treatment, doctors attending to him said Sunday.
“His condition is stable. He is still on ventilator but is now showing positive response to the treatment,” AIIMS medical superintendent D.K. Sharma told IANS.
The 84-year-old Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was admitted to the VIP intensive care unit (ICU) of the AIIMS after he complained of difficulty in breathing and fever Tuesday night. Doctors later found that he was suffering from pneumonia and he was put on mechanical ventilation Friday.
“A multi-disciplinary team of doctors is regularly monitoring his health. All his basic parameters, including blood pressure, kidney and liver are normal,” Sharma said.
On Saturday, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee separately visited AIIMS to enquire about the health of the BJP veteran.
Senior BJP leader L.K Advani, who is in Nagpur, also spoke over the phone to doctors at the hospital.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who is recuperating after a week-long hospitalisation for a bypass heart surgery, sent Vajpayee a get-well-soon message.
- Vajpayee's condition serious; PM, Sonia wish him speedy recovery (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious - Feb 07, 2009
- Vajpayee still in hospital, condition stable - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition serious, Sonia, Somnath pay visit (Lead) - Feb 07, 2009
- Vajpayee's health worsens - Feb 06, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition improves, tests show normal state (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Vajpayee stable, making steady progress - Feb 12, 2009
- Vajpayee continues gradual progress - Feb 13, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but shows improvement - Feb 10, 2009
- Still on ventilator but Vajpayee's condition improves (Lead) - Feb 09, 2009
- Vajpayee's condition improves, medical tests normal - Feb 05, 2009
- Vajpayee undergoes routine check-up at AIIMS - Mar 28, 2010
- Vajpayee showing improvement, Gujral discharged - Feb 19, 2009
- Vajpayee still in ICU, but stable - Feb 17, 2009
- Vajpayee to spend few more days in hospital (Lead) - Feb 04, 2009