Vadodra firm to plan Patna’s new capital areaDecember 24th, 2008 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Dec 24 (IANS) A Vadodara-based firm will prepare the master plan for the new capital area to develop Patna as a metropolitan city, a senior official said here Wednesday.According to Cabinet Co-ordination Principal Secretary Girish Shankar, the Bihar government has decided to appoint Vadodara’s Karan Grover and Associates to prepare the master plan.
Shankar said the firm would prepare the detailed project report (DPR) of the new buildings of the state assembly, the secretariat and the proposed planning department office (Yojna Bhawan) in the first phase.
In the second phase, DPRs for a museum and development of green belts would be prepared keeping in mind Patna’s heritage.
Earlier this year, the state government announced Patna would be developed as a metropolitan city by 2021. The Vision 2021, prepared by the state government, envisages satellite towns, high-rise buildings, expressways and wetlands in and around Patna.
The master plan also envisages a Mass Rapid Transportation System (MRTS) for Patna, inspired by the Delhi Metro.
A feasibility report has been sent to the central government for fund allocations under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewable Mission (JNNURM).
Patna, currently spread over 140 sq km, will encompass 330 sq km by 2021, officials said.
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Bihar plans to develop Patna as metropolitan city - Mar 16, 2008
- Three-fold rise in urban renewal funds likely: Kamal Nath - Feb 06, 2012
- Tribals in Orissa village demanding construction of roads to nearby towns - Apr 03, 2011
- Centre expecting project reports from states over linking rivers - Mar 04, 2010
- Delhi Metro will be bigger than London underground: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Patna to have its own Marine Drive (With Bihar roads story) - Jul 11, 2010
- Master Plan clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Aug 24, 2012
- Bhopal, Indore to get Metro - Aug 03, 2011
- India's urban poor worse off than rural poor: Poverty Allevation Minister (Interview) - Sep 13, 2010
- Satellite imagery to implement regional plan - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi Metro to organise management programme on MRTS - Sep 09, 2012
- JNNURM phase II from next year, third party to audit funds - May 06, 2010
- Urban development funds based on states' performance: Montek - Dec 03, 2010