UTV suspends all commercial deals with PakistanDecember 23rd, 2008 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) UTV Software Communications Tuesday temporarily deferred all deals with Pakistan in an endeavour to support the Indian government in demanding stricter action against terrorism emanating from across the border.The UTV has decided not to release any of its forthcoming films in the neighbouring market until the issue was satisfactorily resolved.
“Pakistan is an important market. But in the present situation it is important for all companies to support our government in its demand for strong action by the government of Pakistan against terrorism,” said Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO of UTV motion pictures, in a statement.
“We would be happy to resume business in Pakistan once we all see affirmative action,” he added.
The entertainment and media network has also withdrawn plans of launching two of its channels - Bindass and Bindass Movies in the country.
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' earns Rs.4.25 crore over weekend - Mar 05, 2012
- 'Barfi!' wins hearts, collects over Rs.34 crore in first weekend - Sep 17, 2012
- UTV to produce 'Delhi Belly' writer's film - Oct 07, 2011
- 'Barfi!' producer gets Murphy Radio's notice - Sep 13, 2012
- Youth channel launches R-Day special rap song - Jan 26, 2012
- Kareena cruises on stardom in Dubai (With Image) - Sep 04, 2012
- Remo's dream comes true, ' AnyBody Can Dance' goes on the floor - Mar 06, 2012
- UTV thanks Salman, Ranbir for 'Chillar Party' buzz - Mar 07, 2012
- Indian market not ready for animation films: Filmmakers - Mar 25, 2011
- Love, sex and dhokha -- find it all on Indian television - Jul 14, 2011
- I'm not ready to make wedding album: Vidya Balan - Aug 03, 2011
- 'Rowdy Rathore' earns Rs.15.10 crore on opening day - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Delhi Belly' now in Tamil, shooting starts May 7 - Apr 30, 2012
- UTV strikes Rs.150-crore satellite deals - Mar 19, 2012
- UTV Bindass steps it up with Street Dance! - May 20, 2010