Uttar Pradesh workshop guttedApril 29th, 2011 - 12:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 29 (IANS) Equipment and machinery worth several lakhs were gutted after a major fire broke out in a workshop of the state-owned Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) in Sultanpur district, an official said Friday. No casualties were reported.
The fire, suspected to be from an electric short circuit, engulfed the workshop in Dariyapur town Thursday night.
Five fire tenders took several hours to douse the flames that destroyed a major portion of the workshop.
“The fire spread across the workshop fast because of the inflammable transformer oil kept there. Cables and other machinery were also gutted,” Chief Fire Officer S.K. Singh told reporters Friday in Sultanpur, some 150 km from Lucknow.
According to him, the trapped workers were safely rescued with the assistance of local people and police.
Officials said the exact loss in the fire was yet to be ascertained, but it could be around Rs.20-25 lakh.
“We believe an electric short-circuit caused the fire,” said Singh.
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Massive fire guts machinery in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Feb 26, 2011
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Major fire in Meerut market, no casualty - May 02, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hotel, no casualty - Sep 29, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Fire breaks out in power corporation office in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 15, 2011
- Major fire at Kanpur power station - Jun 09, 2011
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh factory - Jun 22, 2011
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- Shops, houses gutted in Bangladesh fire - Mar 13, 2012
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,