Uttar Pradesh serial blasts trial to be held in jailJune 21st, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 21 (IANS) The trial of the cases related to the serial bomb blasts in three district courts of Uttar Pradesh last November will be held in the Faizabad district jail, a court announced Saturday. The Faizabad district judge’s order came in the wake of the decision of Faizabad Bar Association not to allow any lawyer to plead the case of the blasts accused. The court also considered the sensitivity of the case.
The blasts took place in the district courts of Lucknow, Varanasi and Faizabad Nov 23, killing a dozen people and injuring many.
Police arrested Khalid Mujahid, Tariq Qazmi, Sajjadur Rahman and Akhtar in December, charging them of carrying out the explosions. They are lodged in the Faizabad district jail.
Counsels of the accused, Jamal Ahmed and Mohammad Shoaib, demanded security from the police after their chamber was ransacked by some lawyers last month and they were also manhandled.
“We also met the Faizabad senior superintendent of police and requested him to provide security to us,” Ahmed told IANS.
- Four crude bombs found in Lucknow court premises - Aug 09, 2012
- Two 1993 Jaipur blast accused jailed - Apr 24, 2012
- 'SP compromising national security by appeasing Muslims' - Apr 05, 2012
- 13/7 Mumbai blasts: Police remand of three extended - Feb 10, 2012
- 13/7 blasts: Police remand of four accused extended - Feb 18, 2012
- NIA not to oppose bail of Malegaon blast accused: Chidambaram - Oct 31, 2011
- Lawyers strike work in UP, demand security - Aug 21, 2012
- Court gives bail to nine in 2006 Malegaon blasts case - Nov 05, 2011
- Seven Malegaon blasts accused post bonds, out on bail - Nov 16, 2011
- Alert sounded in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 02, 2012
- Eight Bangladeshis beheaded in Saudi Arabia - Oct 09, 2011
- Barcelona suicide attack plotters file pleas against sentence - Dec 25, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh on alert after Delhi blast - May 25, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh court refuses to try blast accused for treason - Oct 01, 2008
- Wedding for the jailed after court intervention - Jan 22, 2011