Uttar Pradesh roadways to add over 2,000 busesSeptember 6th, 2008 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 6 (IANS) Over 2,000 more buses will run on Uttar Pradesh roads soon, an official said here Saturday.”In the current fiscal year, UPSRTC (Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation) will include 2,100 more buses for benefiting the commuters,” A.K. Srivastava, UPSRTC chief general manager, told IANS.
The new vehicles would offer both inter-state and inter-districts bus services, he added.
At present, about 7,000 buses of UPSRTC ply in the state, as well as in neighbouring states, including Punjab, Delhi, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Bihar, officials said.
“The new buses would be added to the fleet in a phased manner,” said Srivastava.
Initially, over 426 buses would be pressed into service within the state in 70 districts.
Later, more buses would ply in neighbouring states, he added.
- Uttar Pradesh to have special buses for senior citizens - Sep 25, 2008
- Bangalore adds plush Mercedez buses to city fleet - Aug 28, 2010
- Crackdown continues against errant bus operators in Andhra - Jun 23, 2012
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- After Indian Railways, e-ticketing facility for buses too - Oct 16, 2008
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011
- Haryana bus strike hits thousands (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Bus strike hits life in Karnataka - Sep 13, 2012
- UP to get 1,000 new buses - May 03, 2012
- Himachal bus strike hits commuters hard (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Few state-run buses return on Telangana roads - Oct 11, 2011
- To Patna with love, from Eden bus service (Postcard from Patna) - Nov 18, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh to train bus drivers to prevent accidents (Lead) - Jul 31, 2008
- Himachal bus strike hits commuters hard (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to open training institutes for bus drivers - Jul 31, 2008