Uttar Pradesh policeman kills handicapped paan sellerNovember 6th, 2008 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 6 (IANS) A drunk policeman, angry with a handicapped paan seller because he did not get his cigarette quickly, shot him dead in this Uttar Pradesh capital, police said Thursday.The policeman Rajiv Mishra allegedly pumped six shots into Kaushal Asthana late Wednesday night. Of the six shots, three were fired into his chest. He was immediately taken to a hospital, where he was declared dead.
Mishra was arrested by the police early Thursday. He had been posted as the Criminal Intelligence Officer in the Talkatora police station of Lucknow.
“Initially the officer in charge of the Talkatora police station, Sanjay Pandey, tried to misguide us about the incident but eyewitnesses told us the truth. Pandey has been sent to the lines and we have also initiated the process to terminate services of Mishra,” Deputy Inspector General of police Chandra Prakash told reporters.
Mishra was accompanied by Sanadan Mishra, son of another policeman, when the incident occurred.
Asthana, who was disabled, is survived by his pregnant wife. He was married six months ago.
- Uttar Pradesh cop accused of rape - Nov 06, 2008
- Employee seeking salary pushed to death by boss - Jun 23, 2011
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- FIR lodged against IPS officer in UP - Mar 04, 2012
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi cop (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- BJP legislator's son shot dead in UP - May 08, 2012
- Teenager shot dead by cop - May 31, 2011
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012
- Woman kills five children, commits suicide - Oct 07, 2011
- Youth kills girl, commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 05, 2011
- Girl dies in celebratory firing - Jun 19, 2012
- Class 12 girl kills friend, burns body to fake own death - Jan 07, 2011
- Two patrolling policemen killed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 28, 2011
- Cop commits suicide on duty - Oct 03, 2011
- Chargesheet filed over Ranvir Sena chief murder - Aug 28, 2012