Uttar Pradesh police consider minor boy threat to peaceFebruary 6th, 2009 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 6 (IANS) A 12-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh has been charged by the police of being a threat to peace.Tehsin, a resident of Qutabpur village in Saharanpur district, has been charged under Section 107/16 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC), which invites police action against a person in anticipation of possible “breach of peace”.
The case against Tehsin was registered at the Sarsawa police station eight days ago and a report of the case was sent to the sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) who later issued a summon against Teshin.
“I received the summon Feb 2. My son has never even been involved in any fight or scuffle with his friends. I don’t know why the police have charged my son with breach of peace,” Tehsin’s father Najra told reporters Friday outside the office of the SDM.
“It is surprising that a 12-year-old boy is being considered a threat to peace. I have initiated a probe against the Sarsawa police station officials who registered the case,” Superintendent of Police (Rural) R.K. Raghuvanshi told IANS on telephone.
In the ongoing probe, the Sarsawa station house officer (SHO) may also be placed under suspension, added Raghuvanshi.
Tehsin has to appear before the SDM Feb 9.
- 12-year-old booked for apprehension of breach of peace - Mar 26, 2011
- Minor girl blinded with knife in UP - Jun 19, 2011
- BJP MLA arrested in Rajasthan, granted bail - May 29, 2012
- Haryana bureaucrat arrested in corruption case - Feb 16, 2012
- Former UP minister booked for duping sportsmen - May 03, 2012
- Man killed in celebratory firing in UP - Jun 30, 2012
- Official booked for beating man to death - Jul 26, 2010
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Meghalaya governor's aide accused of molestation - Jan 23, 2012
- Woman IAS officer sent to judicial custody - Nov 29, 2011
- Autopsy confirms Kashmir youth was tortured - Aug 04, 2011
- Salman Khan booked for assaulting activist - Nov 30, 2011
- Cops raid ex-Mumbai Congress chief, family - Mar 02, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for custody death (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- NCP minister arrested for housing scam, resigns - May 21, 2012