Uttar Pradesh police bust railway recruitment scam, arrest 110February 15th, 2009 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 15 (IANS) The Special Task Force (STF) of the Uttar Pradesh police has arrested 110 people for the leakage of the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) examination paper, police officials here said Sunday.
While 16 of them were arrested for organising the scam, the other 94 were candidates who were to take the examinations.
While 12 who leaked the paper were arrested from Jaipur, four arrests were made from Bhopal.
The RRB examination, organised by the Ajmer Recruitment Board for the posts of assistant station master, was scheduled Sunday and the STF unearthed the scandal barely a few hours before it.
Last December, the STF unearthed a similar scam, raiding a building on the outskirts of Allahabad and arresting 286 people, among them 11 who organised the fraud. Bedi Ram, a travel ticket examiner (TTE) who was behind the paper leak, was also arrested later from Lucknow.
“However, Bedi Ram soon came out on bail and we were constantly getting information that he was again involved in a similar scam,” Additional Director General of Police (ADG) Brijlal told reporters here.
STF teams were sent to Jaipur and Bhopal and with the help of the local police, the arrests were made early Sunday morning, Brijlal added.
“Besides those who organised the paper leak, 94 candidates were arrested from various hotels in Jaipur where they were planning to solve the paper,” Brijlal said.
The police also recovered a few copies of the original question paper and a large number of solved answer sheets from Jaipur and Bhopal.
- Paper leak kingpin slipped out on bail - and into another scam - Feb 17, 2009
- Railway exam scam busted, 110 arrested (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2009
- Stop exam paper leaks, house panel tells railways - Aug 30, 2011
- More railway employees involved in paper leak scam: police - Feb 18, 2009
- Massive railway job scam unearthed, 8 nabbed (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
- CBI arrests Railway Recruitment Board chairman - Jun 23, 2010
- 112 arrested for railway recruitment paper leak - Feb 15, 2009
- Paper leak: Bail plea of railway official rejected - Aug 03, 2010
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Indian Railways postpones recruitment exams - Jun 19, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh police bust railway recruitment racket - Feb 15, 2009
- CBI unearths Railway recruitment scam, arrests eight persons - Jun 18, 2010
- Railway Recruitment Board paper leaked, 275 arrested - Dec 14, 2008
- Beaten on train, French national dies in Haryana - May 03, 2012
- Railway Recruitment Board chairman sent to jail - Jun 24, 2010