Uttar Pradesh police bust inter-state fake drugs gangJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 3 (IANS) An inter-state gang dealing in spurious medicines was busted with the arrest of two people in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Saturday.”The two were arrested with spurious drugs worth Rs.1 million today (Saturday) following raids at a hideout in the Khetasarai area of Jaunpur, some 150 km from the state capital,” police inspector Jaichand Bharti told IANS on phone.
Bharti said preliminary investigations revealed the two used to supply fake drugs to various states including Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Rajasthan, he added.
According to police, the raid was carried out following a tip-off from medical officials.
“After completing the inquiry, we will recommend the state government book the two arrested under the stringent National Security Act (NSA),” said Bharti.
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore brown sugar - Feb 03, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.1 crore-worth heroin - Aug 20, 2011
- Three held with marijuana worth over Rs.3 crore - Sep 28, 2010
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- Two human-traffickers held, 14 kids rescued - Jun 26, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Gang dealing in fake medicines busted in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 08, 2008
- Gang selling pirating movie, music CDs busted - Jun 26, 2012
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010
- Two arrested with Rs.11 lakh in fake notes - May 15, 2010
- Eight held with spurious drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Nov 06, 2009
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011