Uttar Pradesh not utilising central funds effectively: KhurshidAugust 15th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 15 (IANS) Refuting Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati’s accusation that the central government had neglected her state, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid Monday said the state has failed to show results despite sufficient monetary assistance.
“We have given her a Bundelkhand package. I have from my ministry given Rs.1,000 crore to UP’s (Uttar Pradesh) 21 districts for implementation of MSD (Multi-Sectoral Development) programme. But we don’t have a very good performance on that,” said Khurshid at a madrassa in south Delhi’s Green Park area where he hoisted the tricolour among a group of students.
“The scholarships that we are giving in UP have not been bad but they could be better. But the MSDP project has not taken off despite our assistance,” he added.
Mayawati, in her Independence Day speech Monday accused the central government of not making efforts to curb backwardness in the country’s most populous state.
Mayawati said the state was still to receive any financial assistance under the Rs.80,000 crore package that they had sought for undertaking developmental projects, particularly in Bundelkhand and Poorvanchal regions.
- Mayawati rues lack of central assistance - Aug 15, 2011
- On I-Day, Mayawati rues lack of central assistance (Lead) - Aug 15, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh blames UPA for Bundelkhand woes - May 01, 2011
- Mayawati meets PM; seeks flood relief, approval of airport project (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh cabinet decides to divide state into four - Nov 15, 2011
- Mayawati trying to misguide people: SP - Nov 15, 2011
- Cabinet clears Rs.200 crore for water in Bundelkhand - May 19, 2011
- Mayawati criticises central government on I-Day - Aug 15, 2009
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Mayawati muisused funds for rural health, says PM - Feb 17, 2012
- Pay attention to your scam-ridden party, Mayawati tells Sonia - Nov 26, 2010
- Rahul to tour Bundelkhand Jan 17-20 - Jan 13, 2012
- Amar Singh to go to Singapore for treatment - Nov 08, 2011
- Ruckus in Rajya Sabha over Bundelkhand package - Aug 18, 2011
- Rahul continues broadside against Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: accusation, central government, chief minister, crore, developmental projects, financial assistance, green park, implementation, independence day, madrassa, monetary assistance, New Delhi, populous state, s green, salman, scholarships, sectoral development, south delhi, tricolour, union law minister