Uttar Pradesh minister’s son held for triple murderFebruary 29th, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by admin
Noida, Feb 29 (IANS) Ravinder Bhati, son of Uttar Pradesh Home Guards Minister Ved Ram Bhati, has been arrested in this town adjacent to the national capital for allegedly murdering three people earlier this month, the police said Friday. “Ravinder Bhati was arrested on the intervening night of Thursday-Friday from the minister’s house during a raid,” Senior Superintendent of Noida Police A. Satish Ganesh told reporters.
Ravinder was named along with his two accomplices - both named Ravi - and two unidentified people for killing two transporters and their driver in the Greater Noida area Feb 6, the official said.
Ved Ram Bhati was also named for criminal conspiracy in the first information report (FIR). He is still untraced, the police said.
On Feb 6, the transporters, Yusuf and his brother Shahbuddin, were going in their car with their driver Suresh, when another car overtook them in Kasna area of Greater Noida around 3 p.m.
Ravinder Bhati and his associates got out of their car and shot the three people, according to the police.
While the two brothers died on the spot, Suresh succumbed to his injuries in a hospital.
Rivalry over a transport contract had led to the murder, according to the police.
Ravinder Bhati had allegedly demanded Rs.20 million as extortion money from the two transporters for operating in what he claimed to be his territory. When they refused to pay, they were shot dead, according to the police.
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Two held for bid to abduct doctor - Dec 08, 2011
- Three killed in road accidents in Greater Noida - Dec 30, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh minister's kin arrested - Jul 07, 2011
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Delhi man murders brother for touching his car - May 18, 2012
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Two hurt in Noida school bus accident - Aug 26, 2010
- Youths run over policemen in Greater Noida - Feb 20, 2010
- Varsity security guard shoots two dead - Feb 16, 2011
- Two arrested for killing businessman - Jul 08, 2011
- Professor shot, robbed of car in Greater Noida - Feb 14, 2010