Uttar Pradesh minister’s guard found dead with bullet injuryMay 20th, 2009 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 20 (IANS) A policeman was found dead Wednesday morning with a bullet injury to his head at the official residence of an Uttar Pradesh minister to whom he was assigned as a guard, the police said.
Constable Suresh Kumar was found dead in his quarter inside Tourism Minister Vinod Singh’s residence on the Kalidas Marg here. The police, however, has termed it to be a suicide case.
“He was having some family problems owing to which he shot himself with his service rifle,” Raghuvir Lal, senior superintendent of police, told reporters.
The minister’s bungalow is located near Chief Minister Mayawati’s residence.
Singh was at home when the body was recovered but he declined to comment on the incident.
- Cop murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 30, 2011
- All roads to UP Raj Bhavan barricaded - Mar 06, 2012
- Akhilesh's maiden 'janata darshan' is huge draw - Apr 18, 2012
- Thousands throng Akhilesh's house at maiden 'janata darshan' (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Akhilesh's thanksgiving party, with family and party workers - Mar 25, 2012
- Cop on duty found dead at minister's house - Jul 14, 2012
- Three Maoists and a policeman killed in Gumla encounter - Oct 21, 2010
- American 'tastes' democracy at Akhilesh Darshan - May 02, 2012
- Jailed legislator embarrasses Akhilesh government again - Jul 11, 2012
- Omar Abdullah's security breached (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Farmer, two sons held for killing daughter - Nov 29, 2011
- Minor speeding on scooter injures cop - Oct 18, 2011
- Policeman, home guard fired upon, weapons looted - Oct 15, 2011
- Securitymen attacked, rifles snatched away - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi cop who caused man's death arrested - Mar 03, 2012