Uttar Pradesh legislator, minor sons charged with kidnappingMarch 13th, 2009 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 13 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator Manju Singh and her two minor sons were charged with manhandling and kidnapping after her henchmen intervened in a scuffle between school children in Uttar Pradesh’s Ballia district, the police said Friday.
The brawl between the legislator’s sons, Sonu and Monu, and a nine-year-old class four student in a school bus turned ugly when Singh’s henchmen intervened in the fight.
“Sonu and Monu had a fight with a class four student and after that Manju Singh’s followers intercepted the bus,” Inspector Baccha Paswan told IANS over phone.
Abhay Singh, the father of the nine-year-old, reached the spot but was thrashed by the legislator’s followers.
“Abhay singh was locked inside a room. A case of manhandling and kidnapping has been registered against Manju Singh, her sons and unknown people,” Paswan added.
No arrests have been made so far, he added.
- Businessman's son kidnapped - Oct 19, 2011
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Minor raped at BSP MP's house in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 30, 2012
- BSP legislator, brother booked on murder charge - Oct 26, 2010
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Student's death: Bus driver, conductor arrested - Jun 28, 2011
- Lucknow teacher booked for assaulting student - Oct 30, 2010
- Nine-year-old girl molested by neighbour - Dec 27, 2011
- 15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahul backs plea for CBI probe into official's murder - Nov 17, 2010
- Girl falls into cauldron, dies (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Murdered official's widow wins village poll in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 28, 2010
- Rejected by dance reality shows, 9-year-old hangs self - Feb 12, 2011
- Man held for kidnapping minor boy - Oct 20, 2011