Uttar Pradesh judges to train at army management instituteMay 2nd, 2011 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, May 2 (IANS) A batch of 30 judicial officers from Uttar Pradesh Monday began their management skills programme at Army Institute of Management and Technology (AIMT) here in the first such course for judges at the institution.
Most of the 30 judicial officers who have joined the programme are civil judges, while some are additional judges and registrars.
“Over 1,000 judicial officers are to be trained at AIMT over the next two years,” a release from the institute said here.
The six-day residential management development programme (MDP) is designed to cater to the needs expressed by judicial officers and hence entirely tailor-made for effective management of courts.
Among those who were present when the programme was inaugurated were Nagaland advocate general K.N. Balgopal, Ghaziabad district judge V.C. Gupta, Lucknow-based Institute of Judicial Training and Research additional director (training) Murtaza Ali and AIMT officiating director Sharad Goel.
Similar programme are held globally in the US and Australia, as also in Europe, but in India, the management of courts is a new sphere of study and interestingly there are no books available at present on the subject for Indian courts.
The participants in the programme will be exposed to select and focused aspects of judicial management of human resources, organisational behaviour, strategy, communications and use of information technology - all in Indian context, the release said.
The functioning of AIMT is supervised by the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES), which has so far established 120 Army Public Schools and 13 professional colleges.
- Five Pakistani judges suspended for graft - Oct 22, 2010
- NDA gets an Army Public School - Apr 12, 2012
- 'Courts must keep in mind limitations of state' - Aug 13, 2012
- Court questions government on discouraging woman army officers - Mar 26, 2012
- Four held by CBI for medical admission fraud - Jul 20, 2012
- Two accused sent to jail in medical admission racket - Jul 21, 2012
- Gujarat to change work profile of fast track courts - Apr 05, 2011
- Haryana judges told to move high court over promotion - May 17, 2012
- Italian ship: SC refuses to alter high court order - Jul 18, 2012
- Court to hear appeal against own information officer - Feb 01, 2011
- Respect judicial independence, Kapadia tells government. - Aug 15, 2012
- Apex court to hear Allahabad High Court's plea Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Woman judge sacked in Tripura - Jun 24, 2012
- Maldives' ousted president seeks global help for democracy - Feb 09, 2012
- Bihar judge suspended for graft - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: advocate general, army management, awes, civil judges, director training, education society, ghaziabad, greater noida, indian context, indian courts, institute of management, judicial management, judicial officers, judicial training, management development programme, management of human resources, nagaland, professional colleges, residential management, use of information technology