Uttar Pradesh Human Rights panel orders probe in Dalit atrocityOctober 27th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 27 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh Human Rights Commission has ordered an inquiry in a case in which a Dalit teenager was tied to a tractor and dragged around a village for allegedly teasing a girl.”In such an inhuman incident, the role of the police and district administration definitely needs to be extensively probed,” member of the commission Vishnu Sahai told IANS Monday.
He said: “We have already directed the district magistrate and the senior superintendent of police of the Mahoba district, where the incident occurred, to submit a detailed report in this case by Nov 4.”
On Oct 22, father of the minor girl Sukhlal Rajpoot tied teenager Anandu to a tractor and dragged him around in the Shrinagar village in Mahoba district, about 200 km from Lucknow.
Rajpoot had claimed that the boy teased his daughter while she was having a bath near a well.
A case was registered under various sections of the Prevention of Atrocities (Scheduled Castes and Tribes) Act against Rajpoot, who absconded soon after the incident.
Later, he surrendered before a local court after which he was arrested.
- Minor tied to tractor, dragged for eve-teasing - Oct 23, 2008
- Three kids found dead in Uttar Pradesh village pond - Aug 17, 2012
- BJP suspends sitting legislator after name appears in Congress list - Oct 07, 2011
- Harassed Maharashtra girl sets herself afire - Jul 14, 2012
- Huge cache of explosive seized in UP - Jun 09, 2012
- Leopard kills girl - Oct 25, 2011
- Two get death penalty for killing four people - Mar 16, 2011
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Dailt teenagers accused of theft tied with ropes, dragged - Jun 07, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh rights panel takes up killed doctor's case - Jun 24, 2011
- Rape-accused BSP legislator suspended - Jan 02, 2011
- Suicide, murder leave six dead in Haryana - Oct 31, 2010
- Minor burnt to death for resisting rape - Sep 21, 2011
- Senior official booked for driving employee to suicide - Feb 15, 2011
- BSP government interfering in police's work: BJP - Jun 18, 2011