Uttar Pradesh hospital offers free CT scans MondayAugust 14th, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 14 (IANS) A state-of-the-art CT scan centre at a hospital in Uttar Pradesh will offer free services to all patients on the Independence Day Monday, an official said Sunday.
The centre is of the Sir Sunderlal Hospital which functions under the Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
“The initiative is primarily aimed to help and serve poor and needy patients, who visit the centre not only from various parts of Uttar Pradesh but also from Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh,” K.K. Singh, director of the centre, told reporters in Varanasi, some 300 km from here.
“Anyone who comes at the centre for a CT scan will be asked only for the doctor’s prescription, following which the scan would be conducted free of cost. The free service would remain available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.,” he added.
The centre houses the latest and the most advanced scanner - 64 Slice CT.
According to officials, this scanner performs rapid and high resolution imaging of the entire body within a few seconds, which is a boon especially for acutely ill patients.
The major advantage of the 64 Slice CT is the non-invasive image of blood vessels of the heart which enables speedy diagnosis of heart diseases.
- Latest scan can tell need for bypass - Aug 29, 2012
- New cardiac CT technology cuts patient radiation exposure drastically - Feb 23, 2010
- Now, a CT scanner that reduces cancer risk - Aug 08, 2011
- CT scanner that views whole organs in a heartbeat unveiled - Jun 04, 2010
- Presence of iron in artery predicts cardiac risk - Nov 16, 2010
- Docs aim to reduce radiation doses for children - Aug 01, 2010
- Safer CT scanning for kids developed - Apr 05, 2011
- Kerala hospital introduces new diagnostic tool - Jan 11, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh doctor spreads smiles, and greenery - Aug 04, 2011
- Futuristic CT scanners to image organ in less than a second - Jun 03, 2010
- BHU professor found dead in campus home - Jul 19, 2011
- Obese exposed to higher radiation levels - Apr 08, 2012
- Utsav's parents put up defence for son - Jan 28, 2011
- HIV-infected men have increased presence, severity of coronary artery plaques - Jan 08, 2010
- Head patch can monitor strokes better - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: banaras hindu university, blood vessels, boon, chhattisgarh, ct scan, diagnosis, heart diseases, high resolution imaging, ill patients, independence day, initiative, jharkhand, lucknow, madhya pradesh, needy patients, scan centre, scanner, slice ct, state of the art