Uttar Pradesh hikes salaries of teachers, civic employeesJanuary 28th, 2009 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 28 (IANS) All teachers of government-run and aided educational institutions, civic employees and junior doctors in Uttar Pradesh will receive the benefits of the Sixth Pay Commission.The state cabinet made the decision Wednesday evening.
While Chief Minister Mayawati had ordered implementation of the Sixth Pay Commission for the state government employees, teachers, employees of local bodies, public undertakings and autonomous institutions and junior doctors were left out.
That had led to resentment among these employees.
Despite Wednesday’s decision, another chunk of employees belonging to the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation and other public undertakings are yet to benefit from the recommendations of the pay commission.
- Mayawati gives bonus to 15 lakh government employees, teachers - Oct 17, 2011
- Mayawati's sops for government employees - Dec 17, 2011
- UP cabinet revokes facilities to key Mayawati aide - Apr 27, 2012
- Maharashtra government staff strike hits work - Nov 15, 2011
- Andhra not to pay striking Telangana employees - Sep 22, 2011
- Congress supports Uttar Pradesh government employees' demands - Aug 27, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh employees get pay parity with central government - Nov 27, 2008
- Mayawati seeks reservation for Muslims - Sep 18, 2011
- UP chief minister Mayawati resigns - Mar 07, 2012
- School bells ring again in Telangana, coal production resumes - Oct 18, 2011
- Dalit icon Mayawati is focus of scholar's research - Feb 14, 2011
- BJP campaign to 'expose Mayawati government' from Dec 15 - Nov 30, 2010
- Massive support for Hazare in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 17, 2011
- Mayawati demands representation of SCs, OBCs in Lokpal - Aug 26, 2011
- Gujarat told to review pay of fixed-wage workers - Sep 01, 2010