Uttar Pradesh employees get pay parity with central government

November 27th, 2008 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS  

Lucknow, Nov 27 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Thursday announced pay parity with the central government for the state government’s 1.8 million employees and teachers.”All state government employees and teachers of both state-run and government-aided educational institutions will receive the salaries as revised by the sixth central pay commission, with effect from January 2009,” Mayawati told mediapersons after taking the decision at a meeting of her cabinet earlier in the day.

She said: “While the new pay scales will actually come into force with retrospect from January 2006, only 20 percent of the arrears would be disbursed to the employees right away. The remaining 80 percent would go into their respective provident fund accounts.”

According to the decision taken by the state cabinet, all state government pensioners would also benefit out of the pay commission recommendations.

Besides other benefits, employees working in cities with over 100,000 people, would also be entitled to a city compensatory allowance.

Mayawati said: “Even though the pay revision would entail a heavy financial burden on the state exchequer, we had decided to meet it through mobilisation of resources.”

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe