Uttar Pradesh court refuses to try blast accused for treasonOctober 1st, 2008 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 1 (IANS) An Uttar Pradesh court Wednesday rejected the prosecution’s plea to try those accused of carrying out blasts in courts uin the state on charges of treason.The accused, Khalid Mujahid and Tariq Kasmi, were arrested Dec 22 allegedly with a huge cache of RDX and gelatin sticks near the Barabanki railway station.
The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), after their arrest, claimed that the duo played a vital role in planning the serial court blasts in Varanasi, Faizabad and Lucknow in November last year.
“Additional district judge Ram Kumar found the evidences, presented by the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), to be insufficient for prosecuting the accused for treason,” a Barabanki district court official said.
“The court has fixed October 13 as the next date of hearing,” inspector J.P. Singh of Barabanki Kotwali police station told IANS by phone.
- Nepali arrested for ISI links - Jan 03, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Apex court shield against arrest for Mumbai blasts' suspect - Feb 14, 2012
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Mafia don Chhota Rajan's aide arrested - Sep 25, 2010
- Anti-terror sqaud traces car used in Ajmer blast - Dec 25, 2010
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Malegaon blast accused again apply for bail - Oct 01, 2011
- Delhi court blast suspect arrested in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Apex court shield against arrest for Mumbai blasts' suspect (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Four crude bombs found in Lucknow court premises - Aug 09, 2012