Uttar Pradesh court admits narco report as evidenceOctober 5th, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 5 (IANS) In a path-breaking decision, the district court of Faizabad has admitted a narco-analysis test report of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator Anandsen Yadav as evidence in the Shashi murder case and rejected his bail plea.A Dalit student of a post-graduate college, Shashi was killed November last and Yadav was among the three main accused, along with his driver, Vijaysen and Seema Azad. All are lodged in the Faizabad district jail while the body of Shashi still remains untraced.
Admitting the narco-analysis test report as an “important evidence”, the additional district judge of the district court Saturday rejected his bail plea.
Anandsen’s narco-analysis test was conducted earlier January and, according to its details submitted in the court, he knew Shashi and used to visit her residence quite often.
“As per the ruling of the Supreme Court, a narco-analysis test report is not admissible in the court as evidence but in this case the court has acknowledged it as an important piece of evidence,” prosecution lawyer Saeed Khan told IANS by telephone Sunday.
While rejecting the bail plea moved by Anandsen’s lawyer Awadhesh Yadav, the court, in its order, accepted the forensic report as true and made it the basis of the case.
Anandsen, after the narco-analysis test, went missing and surrendered before the police in the Ghazipur police station of Lucknow May this year.
Enjoying the post of Uttar Pradesh food processing minister before the case, Anandsen was sacked by Chief Minister Mayawati after his name figured in the murder case.
Besides this case, as many as 12 criminal cases of serious nature are pending against Anandsen and this fact was also cited as one of the reasons by the court for denying him a bail.
Reacting to the court’s decision, Anandsen’s counsel Yadav said: “We will move the high court for a relief.”
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Court rejects CBI plea for narco test on Jagan aide - Feb 02, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Court dismisses CBI plea for Jagan's narco test (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Court rejects plea of Talwar's parents (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 18, 2011
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- High profile suspects who underwent narco tests - May 05, 2010
- BSP lawmaker gets life in woman's murder (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Former BSP minister get lifer in woman's murder - May 17, 2011
- Court rejects Kobad Ghandy's bail plea - Oct 21, 2009
- CBI files closure report in Aarushi murder case - Dec 29, 2010
- Aarushi murder case: Talwars dismiss CBI allegations - Jan 02, 2011
- Ahmedabad blasts: Bail pleas of three accused rejected (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Lawyer pulled up for seeking narco-analysis of chief ministers - Sep 07, 2009