Uttar Pradesh cops dismiss Noida gang rape chargeApril 10th, 2008 - 10:48 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, April 10 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh police have dismissed 21-year-old woman’s allegation of a gang rape as a false complaint. The woman had alleged that she was dragged into car and gang raped by three youths earlier this week. In an explanation received by the state home department from Noida Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) A. Ganesh, the police have said the woman was of “loose character” and had consensual sex with the men.
“The accused are ordinary drivers and there is sufficient evidence to prove that the victim and her 22-year-old sister were not only known to them for quite some time but had also been receiving monetary favours and gifts from them,” the SSP has stated in his report.
The alleged incident took place April 5 when three men were accused of dragging the victim into a car, raping here and then throwing her out of the car.
Refuting the allegations levelled in the police complaint, the SSP said in the report: “After tracing the mobile contact between the two sisters and the alleged culprits, we have found that calls have been made in the past from both sides and long conversations were also held.”
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Car jacker turns out to be Seemapuri gang rape accused - Feb 09, 2011
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Gangraped Buddhist nun faces new ordeal in Nepal (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Two arrested for raping student in old-age home - Apr 18, 2011
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in vehicle - Feb 18, 2012
- Women's panel slams Noida police for naming rape victim - Feb 27, 2012
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Pak SC judge writes dissenting note in Mukhtaran Mai gangrape case - Apr 22, 2011
- Husband facilitates wife's gang rape in Bengal, absconding - Mar 23, 2012
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012